Saturday 16 February 2013

Color-Shifted Vietnam Stamps


Shown here are three Vietnamese stamps 20xu, Scott No. 1114 issued in commemoration of the 26th Soviet Communist Party Congress. The stamp was issued on Feb 23 1981 in pair with another stamp 50xu, Scott No. 1115.

The stamp at the left is the correct one. The other two are those with shifted colors. Color shift occurs when one or more colors are printed at an offset to the others. It can occur in any direction, with any number of colors.

Date acquired: 25 Jan. 2013
Place acquired from: Honolulu, Hawaii, USA

Disclaimer: I am not a Philatelist. I'm collecting stamps and covers just as a hobby. All my writings here are done based on my own non-exhaustive research. Please do your own research and do not take the articles here as formal references. I welcome any comments or critics if any of the information here are incorrect or misguided.

No comments:

Post a Comment