Thursday 14 February 2013

Martin Ritt Used to Live Here


This is an old cover dated July 22 1908, addressed to No. 140 East 7th St, New York. Google around and you will find that this address now houses the office of Mbd Properties.


Martin Ritt (1914-1990)
Google further and you will find that the infamous American Director Martin Ritt used to live here in 1920. Among his famous movies were The Outrage (1964), The Great White Hope (1970) and Norma Rae (1979).


Date acquired: 14 Feb. 2013
Place acquired from: Berkshire, United Kingdom

Disclaimer: I am not a Philatelist. I'm collecting stamps and covers just as a hobby. All my writings here are done based on my own non-exhaustive research. Please do your own research and do not take the articles here as formal references. I welcome any comments or critics if any of the information here are incorrect or misguided.

No comments:

Post a Comment